2.03.2017

Cityscape with Sony+Olympus Pen 60mm f1.5 #312


I bought something new yesterday. I bought a little Aputure LED light panel. It's daylight balanced, uses generic Sony batteries or double AA's. It rated at 95 CRI and it was all of $59. I bought it because several of my other devices take the same Sony batteries and now that airlines require batteries to ride in carry-on we are sometimes asked to prove that the batteries are batteries by powering something up. Usually the devices that are Sony battery powered are riding in checked luggage. The LED panel is small enough to fit in my equipment backpack and provided a battery demo for the TSA. When not proving my absolute innocence it can also be useful as a backlight or accent light.

It's this one:

3 comments:

Eric Seale said...

Kirk -- your link to the Aputure light panel seems to have wandered off into the ether. Inquiring minds want to know...

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Hi Eric, the ad is still functional and on the site. If you originally accessed directly but are now looking on a reader the reader may not show ads. It's a great little panel.

Tinderbox said...

It might be getting blocked by our ad blockers. It won't show on my Chrome browser but will on Firefox. I think I have the ad blocker on Chrome.